Managed Solr Free Trial - SearchStax
SearchStax®, the leading Managed Solr platform, offers a "free trial" program for prospects. You can experiment with a cloud-based Solr deployment for up to two weeks, free of charge. No credit card is required for the duration of your free trial.
As a new SearchStax user, you may create one "free trial" deployment for evaluation. There are four free-trial deployments available:
- Amazon Web Services, single-node (NDN2), 2 GB memory, 16 GB storage.
- Amazon Web Services, two-node cluster (NDC4), 4 GB memory, 32 GB storage.
- Microsoft Azure, single-node (NDN2), 2 GB memory, 16 GB storage.
- Microsoft Azure, two-node cluster (NDC4), 4 GB memory, 32 GB storage.
It usually takes five minutes to set up a single-node deployment, and up to fifteen minutes to set up a cluster using AWS. For Azure, setup times can be longer. Feel free to explore our documentation and our Help Center while you wait.
When you become a SearchStax customer, a much larger selection of providers and deployments becomes available.
Providers, Regions, Deployments, and Prices
Please contact us for more information on SearchStax cloud providers, regions, and Solr deployment plans.
Sign Up for Trial Account
To sign up for a SearchStax free trial, go to the SearchStax Free-Trial page. Fill in the enrollment form.
SearchStax will send you a confirmation message to verify your email address. You must click on a link before you can log in to your trial account.
Evaluate Managed Solr
From the trial account, you may create one Solr deployment. Our Quick Start page presents instructions on setting up and provisioning your first cloud deployment.
Free-Trial Technical Support
We want you to succeed, so of course we offer support. Send email to the SearchStax Support Desk.
Become a SearchStax Customer!
Becoming a SearchStax customer is as easy as entering a credit-card number. On the Managed Solr
dashboard, go to the Billing and Payments tab.
From the moment we receive your billing information, you become a SearchStax customer entitled to SILVER level support.
Cancelling the Free Trial
To cancel your free trial, navigate to the User Preferences tab of the Managed Solr dashboard. Click the big red button.
SearchStax's policies regarding free-trial billing are as follows:
- If you let the 14 days run out, we close the account and delete the deployment automatically. You will not be billed.
- If you cancel the free trial by deleting the account, you will not be billed.
- For paying customers, billing begins at the moment you give us your credit-card number. You will not be billed for your "free trial" activities up to that moment.
Month-to-Month vs. Annual Commitment
The prices shown when creating a new deployment in Managed Solr are the month-to-month self-service rates. Much lower rates apply to annual commitments, sometimes as much as 50% lower! See our detailed pricing web page.
Don't hesitate to reach out to the SearchStax Support Desk. We are happy to answer your questions.